Quick bugfix release. Get it at the usual place.
- [#2425] Crash with Artifice (asie)
- [#2423] Builders use uncolored pipes for colored pipes (asie)
- [#2419] No RecipeSorter configuration for PipeColoringRecipe (asie)
- [#2418] Searchbar crash in creative mode (asie)
Hello! BuildCraft 6.3.2 is out, and with it – a few minor additions and a lot of highly important bugfixes, as is the norm for tiny point releases. Grab it here.
EDIT: And also, BuildCraft 6.3.3 is out, fixing a few miscodings and leftover debug code.
- [#2381] Individual robot blacklist (asie)
- [#2377] Make swimming in oil a lot harder (Vexatos)
- [#2376] Make oil behave like lava? (asie)
- Add block description support to facades (asie)
- Add fluid/power number hiding support (immibis/asie)
- Add support for connected textures using getIcon() in facades (asie)
- Make facade lookups much less strict (asie)
- Performance optimization for auto workbenches (immibis)
- Performance optimization for block breaking robots (hea3ven)
- [#2404] Bug in energy consumption routine (asie)
- [#2397] Inventory not updating properly when removing pluggables (asie)
- [#2389] Facades added through IMC only allow crafting of metadata 0 in multiplayer (asie)
- [#2388] add-facade IMC checks block.getRenderType() on server (asie)
- [#2386] Vanilla logs not facadeable (asie)
- [#2385] Robot registry NPE (asie)
- [#2370] Planter robot can’t plant potato and carrot (hea3ven)
- [#2350] Picker robot won’t drop items in pipe (hea3ven)
- Check if another mod added fluids before us (asie)
- Fix docking stations staying linked when changing a robot’s main link (hea3ven)
After a short beta run, I am mostly confident that we can have a stable release of BuildCraft 6.3. As always – some other mods might crash with it while they update their APIs.
Get them at the usual download page.
- Pluggables, when removed, go directly into your inventory
- [#2368] Cannot place torches on facades (asie)
- [#2366] Startup crash in Blueprint Library (asie)
- [#2362] No construction marker recipe (asie)
- Pluggables can be removed more freely again (asie)
- Updates to German, French, Hungarian, Japanese, Russian, Slovak and Chinese (various authors)
- Compatibility with Iron Chests for builder schematics
- Partial compatibility (~50% of blocks) with Carpenter’s Blocks (block, stairs, slope, daylight sensor, pressure plate, gate, safe, ladder) for builder schematics
EDIT: BuildCraftCompat 18.104.22.168 is now out, fixing a crash bug with FMP!
Double release today! After almost a month of wait, I am proud to announce the release of two new betas!
First off is BuildCraft 6.3.0, with a lot of new features, which I’m sure many of you BuildCraft fans will enjoy. They range from new features (lenses, filters), improvements (GUI scrolling, Quartz Gates) to bugfixes (NPEs, quarry fixes).
Second, however, is a new mod. We call it “BuildCraftCompat”. It adds compatibility code to BuildCraft for support of external mod APIs. Currently, we support:
- CoFH inventory APIs (for inventory connection and item pipes – yes, tesseracts now work!),
- MineTweaker recipe APIs (the syntax is very similar to the BC 6.0 syntax MT had),
- NEI integration (NEI Integration recipes + ledger overlay support),
- FMP integration (for the Builder – thanks ChickenBones!),
- RedLogic integration – freestanding bundled cables now connect to pipes and can be controlled with gates (currently off by default, as it’s experimental).
More support is planned soon! This is the first release and I’m very excited about what you do with the new features in BC and BCC 6.3.
Download (scroll down for the betas)
BuildCraft 6.3.0 changelog follows.
- Lenses! Crafted from an iron ingot, a dye and a piece of glass in an Assembly Table, they are used to color items passing through them on pipes. (asie)
- Yes, you can stick them on the sides of pipes. Fancy!
- Filters! Replace an iron ingot with a bar in the lens recipe to filter items passing through by color.
- Facade rework: hollow facades are now explicit, separate items, craftable in the Assembly Table. (You can also turn existing regular facades to hollow facades and back.) (asie)
- More machines can now be controlled with gate actions (asie)
- Lapis and Daizuli pipes can have their colour set with a dye (asie)
- Multiple pulses with Autarchic Pulsars are now back (asie)
- Quartz Gates! Inbetween Iron and Emerald gates, they contain 2 trigger/action sets with 1 parameter for each! (asie)
- Fuel energy production rate config option (marcin212)
- Gate and chipset recipe cost multiplier options for modpack developers (asie)
- Gates and wires now glow in the dark when active (ganymedes01)
- Pipe wires have a slightly improved texture (CyanideX)
- GUI improvements:
- You can now use the scrollwheel in Gates (to scroll through triggers and actions) and Zone Planners (to zoom in and out) (asie)
- F5 now refreshes the zone planner map (asie)
- Chutes can now be powered with Engines, much like wooden pipes, to extract items; however, they have a 10 RF/t cap (asie)
- Adjusted quarry speed to return pre-RF speeds (asie)
- Massive rendering improvements (especially in terms of shading) (ganymedes01)
- Reduced pipe item network packet size (asie)
- Optimized TileEntity lookups (asie – with thanks to skyboy)
- Optimized blueprint loading from NBT (asie)
- The pipe item/fluid exclusion lists – they were broken for quite a few versions now anyway (asie)
- [#2353] Liquid dupe bug with BlockTank (asie – with help from mezz)
- [#2348] NPE when removing a docking station of an unloaded robot (hea3ven)
- [#2344] NPE on opening GUI (asie)
- [#2340] Quarry did not drop items from inventories (asie)
- [#2331] Filler world corruption (asie)
- [#2247] BuildCraft entities do not render more than 40 blocks away (ganymedes01)
- [#2201] SMP Robots break to item or disapear when a chunk is unloaded (hea3ven)
- Facades of coloured blocks using item colour instead of block colour (ganymedes01)
- Fixes in robot pathfinding algorithm (hea3ven)
- Fluid pipes now connect to tankless FluidHandlers, fixes HQM Liquid QDS (asie)
- Hollow facades have broken textures on one side (ganymedes01)
- Miner robot’s harvest level being reset on world close/unload. (hea3ven)
- NPE in ColorUtils (asie)
- NPE in ResourceId (asie)
- Rare NPE in Assembly Tables (asie)
- Wooden pipes used 10 RF too many in rare edge cases (asie)
- Wooden power pipes could not have gates for checking energy in nearby machines (asie)
- New API: IRedstoneEngineReceiver – does what the name says it does.
- Massive buildcraft.api.transport/buildcraft.api.pipes rework – SHOULD be mostly backwards-compatible
- Unused functions removed from buildcraft.api.core.
- PipePluggable API refined enough to let people define custom PipePluggables.
EDIT: Released BuildCraft 6.2.6, which does an urgent update to the RF API (fixes newest CoFH mods, Ender IO?) and fixes a crash bug with fluids. Sorry!
BuildCraft 6.2.5 is out today, and with it come many small improvements and tweaks – just like you have come to expect from us! Download it from the usual download page.
PS. By the way, if you have been experiencing Filler/Zone Planner/Builder lag with WAILA – an update from ProfMobius is coming very, very soon to fix that…
- [#2288] Heavily optimized Zone Planners (both in CPU and network usage) (asie)
- [#2270] Blueprint Libraries now refresh on GUI open (asie)
- Pipes can now be colored with any tool implementing the Forge recolourBlock API, for example IC2 Painters or AE2 Color Applicators (asie)
- Pipes can now have their color bleached with a water bucket (asie)
- List buttons now have descriptive tooltips (asie)
- Huge improvements to Robot rendering, especially at night (ganymedes01)
- Translation updates: German (Vexatos), Slovak (leSamo)
- [#2298] Lists do not save settings (asie)
- [#2295] The Tank runs the onBlockActivated() also on the client side (asie)
- [#2289] Blueprints over ~32k do not work (asie)
- [#2243] Builder excavation broken (asie)
- [#2198] Robots can’t break very soft blocks – might fix Harvesters! (Hea3veN)
- Fluid blocks not autodetected correctly by Builder (asie)
- IFluidContainerItem logic broken (asie)
- Invalid coordinates for FakePlayers (asie)
- Mining Well, Quarry and Spring sounds not restored since 4.2.2 (asie)
- Minor blueprint bug (asie)
- Better color choice for Blueprint Library GUI (asie)
- Further preparations for BuildCraftCompat (asie)
- More detailed builder error messages (asie)
EDIT: Released BC 6.2.4 to fix quarries, which was a pretty severe regression from 6.2.2. Get it at the downloads page!
Today, a minor bugfix release to hopefully close off the 6.2.x Stable series so I can focus entirely on the new features and improvements. Grab it from the usual downloads page.
- [#2248] Relicense BuildCraft API under MIT (asie)
- [#1923] Quarry chunkloading can now be disabled (asie)
- Updated translations: Japanese (tokoku-11), Portuguese (al-myr), Slovak (leSamo), Taiwanese (unoya)
- [#2275] Crash with ChickenChunks (asie)
- [#2274] Builder requirements list only gets loaded when power is supplied (asie)
- [#2271] Combustion Engines cannot be fixed with wrench (asie)
- [#2197] Stripes pipes do not pick up water and lava (asie)
- Broken gate rendering for ItemStacks with color multipliers in slots (asie)
- Quarries drop a frame block when broken (asie)
Quick bugfix release to fix some of the last important bugs in 6.2.x to let people finally update to this version. Get it at the usual downloads page.
PLEASE UPDATE – THERE IS A SERIOUS DUPLICATION ISSUE IN 6.1.8 AND BELOW
- [#2257] Regression: some RF engines do not connect to wooden power pipes (asie)
- [#2256] Templates in Construction Marker crash server (asie)
- [#2253] NPE in fluid container checking can crash servers (asie)
- Added missing Charging Table recipe (asie)
PS. If you’re getting a “java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.core.Position.writeData(Lio/netty/buffer/ByteBuf;)V”, you’re most likely using a version of BuildCraft Additions that’s incompatible with BuildCraft 6.2.x. Wait for an update.
Hello! This is a quick bug-fix release of BuildCraft 6.2 to address some commonly experienced issues. Grab it at the usual downloads page.
- If you set fullBoundingBoxLadders to true in forge.cfg, you can climb Mining Well pipes now!
- Minor optimizations via IntelliJ code coverage tools.
- Shift-hover over more advanced pipe items to get additional tips.
- [#2250] Duplication bug with BuildCraft tanks (asie)
- [#2246, #2244] RF API update causing serious issue – update reverted (asie)
- [#2241] Server crashes and world state corrupted because of Robot Trigger (asie)
- [#2234] Facades added through IMC only allow crafting of first metadata
- Fix API versioning, we’re following semver for the API now! (asie)
- Many small bugfixes found via IntelliJ’s code coverage tools (asie)
- Un-nerf Mining Wells (asie)
I am proud to announce the release of BuildCraft 6.2.0! Grab it at the usual downloads page.
- Pipe improvements!
- Clay Transport Pipes – insertion pipes, now in official BC!
- Diamond Liquid Pipes – sort liquids.
- Emerald Liquid Pipes can now filter liquids as an option.
- Sandstone Kinesis Pipes, which offer more throughput but do not connect to machines.
- Rebalanced liquid pipe capacities.
- Charging Table – charge RF items with lasers!
- Engines do not explode anymore! They now overheat – hit with a wrench to fix! (Explosions can be restored via config)
- Huge networking code improvements!
- Major rewrite of networking – instead of 3 networking subsystems, we now only use one.
- Small improvements in packet size.
- Quarry changes!
- Quarries and Mining Wells now dynamically calculate the energy required to break a block based on its hardness.
- They also render a fancy block breaking animation when breaking a block.
- Quarry arms move slower in rain, unless the rain is covered by a roof.
- Stirling engines can now burn paper at 1 RF/t.
- Engine centipedes are back! You can now connect engines to each other.
- Improved error messages for Schematics (CovertJaguar)
- OreDictionary support for almost all BuildCraft recipes (ganymedes01)
- Robot Miners respect BlockBreakEvents now (useful for MCPC+/Cauldron)
- Updated RF API to latest version (discerns between Providers and Receivers)
- New APIs for modders:
- IEngine – send energy between engines!
- IHeatable – control the heat of a block!
- [#2236] Tanks consume water bottles and don’t support IFluidContainerItem (asie)
- [#2225] Crash with blueprints (asie)
- [#2222] Add support for Blocks that use a color multiplier for rendering (nulano, asie)
- [#2218] Can’t dismantle Landmarks (Gyro)
- [#2213] Message for receiving an invalid IMC is not formatted (asie)
- [#2210] Crash when changing dimensions with robots (asie)
- [#2208] Server-side crash when opening BuildCraft list (asie)
- [#2199] Pipes call interface methods on invalid tiles (asie)
- Fix builder packet spams (asie)
- Fix gate powering causing crashes (asie)
- Fluid pipe multipliers now respect fixing the travel delay as well (asie)
- Important severe blueprint bugfix! Server admins – this is SERIOUS! Update!
Hello again! BuildCraft 6.1.8 is out now. It brings a few major bugfixes related to robots, facades and world reloading, as well as improvements in translations. Download it here, as usual.
- New Slovak translation (leSamo), updated Japanese translation (tokoku_11)
- [#2192] Emerald gate recipe invalid (asie)
- [#2185] Unable to load world after crash (asie)
- [#2184, #2177] Robots may crash SMP server (asie)
- [#2179] Crash on world load (asie)
- [#2175] Add better facade detection heuristics – fixes RotaryCraft crashes! (asie)
- [#2174] Incorrect mB/t fluid pipe value reported after changing baseFlowRate (asie)