EDIT: Released BuildCraft 6.2.6, which does an urgent update to the RF API (fixes newest CoFH mods, Ender IO?) and fixes a crash bug with fluids. Sorry!
BuildCraft 6.2.5 is out today, and with it come many small improvements and tweaks – just like you have come to expect from us! Download it from the usual download page.
PS. By the way, if you have been experiencing Filler/Zone Planner/Builder lag with WAILA – an update from ProfMobius is coming very, very soon to fix that…
- [#2288] Heavily optimized Zone Planners (both in CPU and network usage) (asie)
- [#2270] Blueprint Libraries now refresh on GUI open (asie)
- Pipes can now be colored with any tool implementing the Forge recolourBlock API, for example IC2 Painters or AE2 Color Applicators (asie)
- Pipes can now have their color bleached with a water bucket (asie)
- List buttons now have descriptive tooltips (asie)
- Huge improvements to Robot rendering, especially at night (ganymedes01)
- Translation updates: German (Vexatos), Slovak (leSamo)
- [#2298] Lists do not save settings (asie)
- [#2295] The Tank runs the onBlockActivated() also on the client side (asie)
- [#2289] Blueprints over ~32k do not work (asie)
- [#2243] Builder excavation broken (asie)
- [#2198] Robots can’t break very soft blocks – might fix Harvesters! (Hea3veN)
- Fluid blocks not autodetected correctly by Builder (asie)
- IFluidContainerItem logic broken (asie)
- Invalid coordinates for FakePlayers (asie)
- Mining Well, Quarry and Spring sounds not restored since 4.2.2 (asie)
- Minor blueprint bug (asie)
- Better color choice for Blueprint Library GUI (asie)
- Further preparations for BuildCraftCompat (asie)
- More detailed builder error messages (asie)
EDIT: Released BC 6.2.4 to fix quarries, which was a pretty severe regression from 6.2.2. Get it at the downloads page!
Today, a minor bugfix release to hopefully close off the 6.2.x Stable series so I can focus entirely on the new features and improvements. Grab it from the usual downloads page.
- [#2248] Relicense BuildCraft API under MIT (asie)
- [#1923] Quarry chunkloading can now be disabled (asie)
- Updated translations: Japanese (tokoku-11), Portuguese (al-myr), Slovak (leSamo), Taiwanese (unoya)
- [#2275] Crash with ChickenChunks (asie)
- [#2274] Builder requirements list only gets loaded when power is supplied (asie)
- [#2271] Combustion Engines cannot be fixed with wrench (asie)
- [#2197] Stripes pipes do not pick up water and lava (asie)
- Broken gate rendering for ItemStacks with color multipliers in slots (asie)
- Quarries drop a frame block when broken (asie)
Quick bugfix release to fix some of the last important bugs in 6.2.x to let people finally update to this version. Get it at the usual downloads page.
PLEASE UPDATE – THERE IS A SERIOUS DUPLICATION ISSUE IN 6.1.8 AND BELOW
- [#2257] Regression: some RF engines do not connect to wooden power pipes (asie)
- [#2256] Templates in Construction Marker crash server (asie)
- [#2253] NPE in fluid container checking can crash servers (asie)
- Added missing Charging Table recipe (asie)
PS. If you’re getting a “java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.core.Position.writeData(Lio/netty/buffer/ByteBuf;)V”, you’re most likely using a version of BuildCraft Additions that’s incompatible with BuildCraft 6.2.x. Wait for an update.
Hello! This is a quick bug-fix release of BuildCraft 6.2 to address some commonly experienced issues. Grab it at the usual downloads page.
- If you set fullBoundingBoxLadders to true in forge.cfg, you can climb Mining Well pipes now!
- Minor optimizations via IntelliJ code coverage tools.
- Shift-hover over more advanced pipe items to get additional tips.
- [#2250] Duplication bug with BuildCraft tanks (asie)
- [#2246, #2244] RF API update causing serious issue – update reverted (asie)
- [#2241] Server crashes and world state corrupted because of Robot Trigger (asie)
- [#2234] Facades added through IMC only allow crafting of first metadata
- Fix API versioning, we’re following semver for the API now! (asie)
- Many small bugfixes found via IntelliJ’s code coverage tools (asie)
- Un-nerf Mining Wells (asie)
I am proud to announce the release of BuildCraft 6.2.0! Grab it at the usual downloads page.
- Pipe improvements!
- Clay Transport Pipes – insertion pipes, now in official BC!
- Diamond Liquid Pipes – sort liquids.
- Emerald Liquid Pipes can now filter liquids as an option.
- Sandstone Kinesis Pipes, which offer more throughput but do not connect to machines.
- Rebalanced liquid pipe capacities.
- Charging Table – charge RF items with lasers!
- Engines do not explode anymore! They now overheat – hit with a wrench to fix! (Explosions can be restored via config)
- Huge networking code improvements!
- Major rewrite of networking – instead of 3 networking subsystems, we now only use one.
- Small improvements in packet size.
- Quarry changes!
- Quarries and Mining Wells now dynamically calculate the energy required to break a block based on its hardness.
- They also render a fancy block breaking animation when breaking a block.
- Quarry arms move slower in rain, unless the rain is covered by a roof.
- Stirling engines can now burn paper at 1 RF/t.
- Engine centipedes are back! You can now connect engines to each other.
- Improved error messages for Schematics (CovertJaguar)
- OreDictionary support for almost all BuildCraft recipes (ganymedes01)
- Robot Miners respect BlockBreakEvents now (useful for MCPC+/Cauldron)
- Updated RF API to latest version (discerns between Providers and Receivers)
- New APIs for modders:
- IEngine – send energy between engines!
- IHeatable – control the heat of a block!
- [#2236] Tanks consume water bottles and don’t support IFluidContainerItem (asie)
- [#2225] Crash with blueprints (asie)
- [#2222] Add support for Blocks that use a color multiplier for rendering (nulano, asie)
- [#2218] Can’t dismantle Landmarks (Gyro)
- [#2213] Message for receiving an invalid IMC is not formatted (asie)
- [#2210] Crash when changing dimensions with robots (asie)
- [#2208] Server-side crash when opening BuildCraft list (asie)
- [#2199] Pipes call interface methods on invalid tiles (asie)
- Fix builder packet spams (asie)
- Fix gate powering causing crashes (asie)
- Fluid pipe multipliers now respect fixing the travel delay as well (asie)
- Important severe blueprint bugfix! Server admins – this is SERIOUS! Update!
Hello again! BuildCraft 6.1.8 is out now. It brings a few major bugfixes related to robots, facades and world reloading, as well as improvements in translations. Download it here, as usual.
- New Slovak translation (leSamo), updated Japanese translation (tokoku_11)
- [#2192] Emerald gate recipe invalid (asie)
- [#2185] Unable to load world after crash (asie)
- [#2184, #2177] Robots may crash SMP server (asie)
- [#2179] Crash on world load (asie)
- [#2175] Add better facade detection heuristics – fixes RotaryCraft crashes! (asie)
- [#2174] Incorrect mB/t fluid pipe value reported after changing baseFlowRate (asie)
Hello! Today, we’re releasing a new stable release of BuildCraft, containing a few very, very important bugfixes, as well as some less important – but still useful – ones! As usual, you can get the new release right here.
- Quarries and Mining Wells emit BlockBreakEvents now (asie)
- Completely new and improved Japanese translation by (tokoku_11)!
- Updates to Italian and Russian translations (TheVikingWarrior, fewizz)
- [#2171] NPE with null-returning ISidedInventory tiles (asie)
- [#2167] Abnormal Emzuli pipe extraction speed (asie)
- [#2165] Flood Gate crashes if on y = 0 (asie)
- [#2159] Robot station gate crash (asie)
- [#2154] Blueprint crash (asie)
- [#2153] Crash with Facades in creative mode and NEI (asie)
- [#2150] Robots not spawning in SMP (Kubuxu)
- [#2145] Oil generation bugs (asie)
- [#2143] IndexOutOfBoundsException on startup (asie)
- Crash in hashCode() with CoFHCore (asie)
- Energy triggers not respecting neighbor side (asie)
On the behalf of the BuildCraft team, I am very happy to announce the release of the first stable build of BuildCraft 6.1. While it is not rich in new features (however, some existing features now have proper recipes), it contains a huge amount of very important bugfixes which improve the mod’s stability.
I would like to use this space to give huge thanks to the Starchasers devteam (marcin212, Kubuxu, Magik6k, Pucoslaw) who have spent the last week to help me find and debug most of the bugs listed below.
EDIT: A bugfix release has been made that fixes Mining Well connections! If you’re experiencing issues with Mining Wells, please re-download!
- Recipes for two new blocks: the Requester (used by robots to take requests for specific items) and Zone Planner (a highly advanced block used to mark large areas of land for robos to work on).
- [#2127] Architect Tables now have a “Mode” option. Setting it to Survival makes it ignore all unsupported/creative-only blocks when creating a Blueprint. (asie)
- [#2124] Added debug options to print out the list of all registered schematics and facades. (asie)
- [#2107] Gate/pipe/tile API changes – refer to the PSA! (asie)
- Autodetection of simple blocks and fluids for schematics (asie)
- Further improved miner robot ore detection (asie)
- Gate Expansion IMC to let modders add custom gate expansion recipes (asie)
- Huge network optimizations in the builder and laser, as well as general improvements in the mod (asie)
- Improve redstone input handling (asie)
- Improved translations for German (Vexatos), Italian (TheVikingWarrior) and Chinese (crafteverywhere)
- [#2139] Fully covered non-stained pipes crash the client (asie – with input from immibis)
- [#2135] Certain facades which are Tile Entities crash Minecraft (asie – please note, however, that this will not whitelist any facades which are Tile Entities – some facades may disappear)
- [#2134] Server crash when using the Builder (and Robots, etc.) in negative dimensions (asie)
- [#2131] Stacked ice does not cool Combustion Engine (Prototik)
- [#2130] Library on server gives only creative blueprints (also: broken builder schematic loading) (asie)
- [#2129] Builder causes lag (also: too many packets sent by Builder) (asie)
- [#2128] BuildCraft sends massive amounts of packets – important networking bugfix! (asie)
- [#2126] Pipes with Gates may vanish and/or disappear in rendering when restarting world (asie)
- [#2122] tile.requester.name translation missing (asie)
- [#2119] Blueprint folder paths not fixed if loading config on another OS (asie)
- [#2118] Diamond gate parameters are not assigned in the correct order in GUI (asie)
- [#2117] Blueprint Library does not write schematics over a certian size to blueprint (asie)
- [#2116] Blueprint Library does not drop items when destroyed (asie)
- [#2112] Kicked from server when installing robot (asie)
- [#2111] Obsidian pipe crashes when arrow is shot onto it (asie)
- [#2105] Proper Java 6 compatibility (asie)
- [#2104] NPE TriggerParameterItemStack (asie)
- [#2044] Oil generation not working (asie – with assistance from CovertJaguar)
- Builder in survival mode did not send list of requirements until after it started building (asie)
- Gate OR/AND logic swaps revert gates to Basic Gates (asie)
- Hungarian translation broken (AEnterprise)
- Lasers emit too many packets when idle (asie)
- Requester GUI was off-center (asie)
- Statement Parameters don’t handle Builder rotation properly (asie)
BuildCraft 6.1.4 downloads
Requires latest Forge (10.13.0.1207+)
New BuildCraft version! This time, we had the occasion to add some actual features. Changelog:
- [#2085] Sided redstone I/O! With a special parameter (Gate Side Only), redstone will only input (or output) from/to the side of the gate! [asie]
- Stained glass pipes! Use stained glass instead of glass in the crafting recipe. You can also use a dye with 8 pipes, as well as a bucket of water as bleach. [asie]
- [#2081] Gate Copiers! You can use them to copy gate settings and paste them to other gates. [asie]
- Quartz Pillars and Chiseled Quartz are now supported as Facades. [asie]
- Builder behaviour change: They are now much more strict in terms of what can be copied with an Architect Table. This is to stop any potential dupe bug. Support for more mods and combinations will be added with time. [asie]
- Miner robots can now mine any ore defined in the OreDictionary. [asie]
- [#2005] Quarry Frames now decay properly. [asie]
- Updated localizations: German [Vexatos], Italian [TheVikingWarrior], Polish [asie]
- Fixed remaining strings saying MJ instead of RF. [asie]
- Fixed emerald gate tooltip. [asie]
- Fixed facade cycling [asie]
- Fixed a Docking Station crash in certain dimensions. [asie]
- Fixed a Java 7 requirement that should not have been there. [asie]
- [#2083] Fixed Redstone Faders not working properly. [asie]
- [#2093] Fixed emerald pipes pulling out too many items at a time. [asie]
- [#2095] Fixed gate dupe bug when upgrading from 6.0.x to 6.1.x. [asie]
- [#1995] Fixed getDrops() dropping pipe items by itself. [asie]
- Fixed robots flying up, up and away when hit. [asie]
- Fixed a crash in PipeColoringRecipe – if you’re getting it, please re-download! [asie]
The builder API and the gate APIs have a few changes, namely, the builder API got a refactor and IStatementParameter has some extra functions yu need to implement. However, I believe the API should stay fully stable from now on for the foreseeable future.
BuildCraft 6.1.3 downloads
Requires latest Forge (10.13.0.1207+)
Good news everyone!
As you may have noticed, asie posted an updated BuildCraft 6.1.3 version a few days ago on his his wiki . Now it is officially released here as well! Here’s the changelog:
- Stripes Pipes now support using any liquid with buckets.
- Restored pre-6.1.2 Redstone Engine behaviour.
- Tweaks to wooden item pipe behaviour.
- [#2072] Optimized power transport pipes a bit (adudney)
- Heavily optimized idling Chutes (asie)
- [#2078] Addtional getter methods in IFlexibleRecipe (asie)
- [#2071] Improve error handling in FlexibleRecipe (asie)
- [#1949] Enhancement in Builder API – refactors in SchematicBlock (asie)
- [#1946] IFacadeItem API – the beginning of a facade API! (asie with input from AlgorithmX2)
- [#1670] Stripes Pipe API (asie with input from anti344)
- [#2073] Changed Math.min call to outside the loop so as to split power evenly (adudney)
- [#2071] Improve error handling in FlexibleRecipe (asie)
- [#2062] Crash with combustion engine (asie)
- [#2061] Gate expansions are broken on the server side (asie – fixed by #1901)
- [#2056] Wooden kinesis pipes don’t show certain connections as sources until a block update (adudney)
- [#2055] Fixed Engines not using continuous power when their initial rotation is valid (adudney)
- [#2054] Fixed redstone engines being 1/10th as effective as they should be (adudney)
- [#2052] Fixed engines storing energy for all time when unpowered (adudney)
- [#2051] Fixed stone engines discharging energy too slowly (adudney)
- [#2047] Laser table items are registered as “null” (AEnterprise, adudney, asie)
- [#2043] Random client-side lag with AbstractBuilder implementators – quarries, fillers, builders (asie)
- [#1962] Fix incorrect door hinge placement (kremkrem)
- [#1901] Gates created twice (asie)
- [#1599] Stripes eating pipe items (asie)
- fix important dupe bug (asie)
- fix NPE in BlockGenericPipe (asie)
- quarries now properly dispose of tile entities (asie)
- re-add BuildCraft-Localization files (asie)
- some error messages were not logged (asie)
- use IEnergyConnection for rendering kinesis pipe connections (asie)