I’m so happy to be able to call the 6.4.x branch stable with this release!
The stable 6.4 release is very important, as it fixes many bugs in important parts of BuildCraft, such as the energy distribution in pipes, robots, stripes pipes and builders. I urge all modpacks to update to it as soon as possible!
6.4.1 mostly brings bugfixes and the Programming Table, the new means of programming robots. Grab it here!
- Minimum Forge version bumped to build 1236. You’re probably on that version or higher by now either way.
- Programming Table! Use it to program Redstone Boards. (The old, random way is now gone!)
- dropBrokenBlocks config option (was broken either way)
Fixed (feels like the 6.1.x tree all over again):
- [#2496] Spawning a quarry with a Stripes Pipe crashes the game if chunkloading is enabled (asie)
- [#2495] Incorrect energy overflow rendering (asie)
- [#2492] Robot charging crash on world join (AEnterprise)
- [#2490] Refinery only fills one of two tanks with oil (asie)
- [#2489] Builder allows overly free ore dictionary conversion (asie)
- [#2486] Crash after setting Go To Station with robots (hea3ven)
- [#2476] Builders not respecting player permissions (asie)
- [#2457] “Missing Texture” error in console (asie)
- [#2339] Incorrect Builder inventory checks (asie)
- Incorrect Filler texture (asie)
- Ledger open/close speed being FPS dependent (asie)
- “Low/High Energy Stored” trigger behaving in unexpected ways (asie)
- Maximum energy per tick not respected on multiple insertions per tick (asie)
- Minor energy bug (asie)
- Pipe items now emit sound on placement (asie)
- Random crash bugs from OpenEye (asie)
- Robots crashing upon attempt to charge if not programmed (asie)
Surprise! We’re releasing a beta of BuildCraft 6.4.0 today. Now, while this release doesn’t come with many new features, it has big enough internal refactors to warrant a version increase, and most importantly, we have fixed ALL the energy bugs! Like, seriously, all of them. It behaves highly predictably and much better than it used to now.
We do warn you it is a beta version, however, as experience shows, recent “beta” releases of BuildCraft tend to be more stable than the “stable” ones, so use your own wisdom. Grab it here! If nothing goes terribly wrong, after a bit of polishing we should have a stable release next weekend.
(Oh, and Logistics Pipes works too, since 0.8.3.102 – now you have NO reason not to use BC 6.4!)
- Robots now actually use energy. Watch out. (hea3ven, asie)
- Filler parameters. You can now configure patterns in more detailed ways! [WIP] (asie)
- Additional pipe sealant recipe using slimeballs. (warlordjones)
- Massive robot pathfinding improvements. (hea3ven)
- Stripes pipe retraction with void pipes (hea3ven)
- Stripes pipes can now put on armor and items on entities. (hea3ven)
- Stripes robot. Yes. (hea3ven)
- All the power bugs. (CovertJaguar, indirectly)
- [#2472] Gravestones don’t drop contents when mined (asie)
- [#2469, #2456] Further crashes on pipe corruption (asie)
- Many robot bugfixes (hea3ven)
Taking a detour from the development of the 6.4.x series, I’m here to release BuildCraft 6.3.7 with a few backported bugfixes, including ones you might find particularly important.
- [#2454] Direction parameter incorrect behaviour (hea3ven)
- [#2443] Wooden Pipe and Solid Facade issues (hea3ven)
- [#2424] Architect Table crash (hea3ven)
- [#2417] Quarry not chunkloading properly (hea3ven)
- Robot smoke particles cause FPS drops (hea3ven)
- Robots do not drop inventory when destroyed (hea3ven)
Another new release! This time, we fix many bugs which have seriously annoyed BuildCraft players for quite a while.
Also, something of note: I have decided to quit active participation in the Minecraft modding community, for many reasons. This blog is not a good place of discussing that, however I just wanted to state that I will still package new releases of BuildCraft, based mostly on community pull requests (checked by me beforehand).
Grab the release here, and I really urge certain slower modpacks to consider updating, as I keep seeing bug reports for things fixed over a month ago!
EDIT: A hotfix, BuildCraft 6.3.6, came out. Of course.
- [#2430] Support for most BuildCraft Factory blocks in the Builder (
- Update for Polish localization (nister6000)
- [#2445] Edge case bugs in Auto Workbenches
- [#2428] Massive Refinery bandwidth usage
- [#2426] Refinery accepts fuel as input (warlordjones)
- [#2422] Lists only use the first stack in each line (hea3ven)
- [#2411] Accept Equivalents button does not sync properly in Lists (hea3ven)
- [#2408] Too high oil viscosity (warlordjones)
- [#2345] Partial localization for BC commands (warlordjones)
- Assembly Table GUI synchronization broken
Quick bugfix release. Get it at the usual place.
- [#2425] Crash with Artifice (asie)
- [#2423] Builders use uncolored pipes for colored pipes (asie)
- [#2419] No RecipeSorter configuration for PipeColoringRecipe (asie)
- [#2418] Searchbar crash in creative mode (asie)
Hello! BuildCraft 6.3.2 is out, and with it – a few minor additions and a lot of highly important bugfixes, as is the norm for tiny point releases. Grab it here.
EDIT: And also, BuildCraft 6.3.3 is out, fixing a few miscodings and leftover debug code.
- [#2381] Individual robot blacklist (asie)
- [#2377] Make swimming in oil a lot harder (Vexatos)
- [#2376] Make oil behave like lava? (asie)
- Add block description support to facades (asie)
- Add fluid/power number hiding support (immibis/asie)
- Add support for connected textures using getIcon() in facades (asie)
- Make facade lookups much less strict (asie)
- Performance optimization for auto workbenches (immibis)
- Performance optimization for block breaking robots (hea3ven)
- [#2404] Bug in energy consumption routine (asie)
- [#2397] Inventory not updating properly when removing pluggables (asie)
- [#2389] Facades added through IMC only allow crafting of metadata 0 in multiplayer (asie)
- [#2388] add-facade IMC checks block.getRenderType() on server (asie)
- [#2386] Vanilla logs not facadeable (asie)
- [#2385] Robot registry NPE (asie)
- [#2370] Planter robot can’t plant potato and carrot (hea3ven)
- [#2350] Picker robot won’t drop items in pipe (hea3ven)
- Check if another mod added fluids before us (asie)
- Fix docking stations staying linked when changing a robot’s main link (hea3ven)
After a short beta run, I am mostly confident that we can have a stable release of BuildCraft 6.3. As always – some other mods might crash with it while they update their APIs.
Get them at the usual download page.
- Pluggables, when removed, go directly into your inventory
- [#2368] Cannot place torches on facades (asie)
- [#2366] Startup crash in Blueprint Library (asie)
- [#2362] No construction marker recipe (asie)
- Pluggables can be removed more freely again (asie)
- Updates to German, French, Hungarian, Japanese, Russian, Slovak and Chinese (various authors)
- Compatibility with Iron Chests for builder schematics
- Partial compatibility (~50% of blocks) with Carpenter’s Blocks (block, stairs, slope, daylight sensor, pressure plate, gate, safe, ladder) for builder schematics
EDIT: BuildCraftCompat 126.96.36.199 is now out, fixing a crash bug with FMP!
Double release today! After almost a month of wait, I am proud to announce the release of two new betas!
First off is BuildCraft 6.3.0, with a lot of new features, which I’m sure many of you BuildCraft fans will enjoy. They range from new features (lenses, filters), improvements (GUI scrolling, Quartz Gates) to bugfixes (NPEs, quarry fixes).
Second, however, is a new mod. We call it “BuildCraftCompat”. It adds compatibility code to BuildCraft for support of external mod APIs. Currently, we support:
- CoFH inventory APIs (for inventory connection and item pipes – yes, tesseracts now work!),
- MineTweaker recipe APIs (the syntax is very similar to the BC 6.0 syntax MT had),
- NEI integration (NEI Integration recipes + ledger overlay support),
- FMP integration (for the Builder – thanks ChickenBones!),
- RedLogic integration – freestanding bundled cables now connect to pipes and can be controlled with gates (currently off by default, as it’s experimental).
More support is planned soon! This is the first release and I’m very excited about what you do with the new features in BC and BCC 6.3.
Download (scroll down for the betas)
BuildCraft 6.3.0 changelog follows.
- Lenses! Crafted from an iron ingot, a dye and a piece of glass in an Assembly Table, they are used to color items passing through them on pipes. (asie)
- Yes, you can stick them on the sides of pipes. Fancy!
- Filters! Replace an iron ingot with a bar in the lens recipe to filter items passing through by color.
- Facade rework: hollow facades are now explicit, separate items, craftable in the Assembly Table. (You can also turn existing regular facades to hollow facades and back.) (asie)
- More machines can now be controlled with gate actions (asie)
- Lapis and Daizuli pipes can have their colour set with a dye (asie)
- Multiple pulses with Autarchic Pulsars are now back (asie)
- Quartz Gates! Inbetween Iron and Emerald gates, they contain 2 trigger/action sets with 1 parameter for each! (asie)
- Fuel energy production rate config option (marcin212)
- Gate and chipset recipe cost multiplier options for modpack developers (asie)
- Gates and wires now glow in the dark when active (ganymedes01)
- Pipe wires have a slightly improved texture (CyanideX)
- GUI improvements:
- You can now use the scrollwheel in Gates (to scroll through triggers and actions) and Zone Planners (to zoom in and out) (asie)
- F5 now refreshes the zone planner map (asie)
- Chutes can now be powered with Engines, much like wooden pipes, to extract items; however, they have a 10 RF/t cap (asie)
- Adjusted quarry speed to return pre-RF speeds (asie)
- Massive rendering improvements (especially in terms of shading) (ganymedes01)
- Reduced pipe item network packet size (asie)
- Optimized TileEntity lookups (asie – with thanks to skyboy)
- Optimized blueprint loading from NBT (asie)
- The pipe item/fluid exclusion lists – they were broken for quite a few versions now anyway (asie)
- [#2353] Liquid dupe bug with BlockTank (asie – with help from mezz)
- [#2348] NPE when removing a docking station of an unloaded robot (hea3ven)
- [#2344] NPE on opening GUI (asie)
- [#2340] Quarry did not drop items from inventories (asie)
- [#2331] Filler world corruption (asie)
- [#2247] BuildCraft entities do not render more than 40 blocks away (ganymedes01)
- [#2201] SMP Robots break to item or disapear when a chunk is unloaded (hea3ven)
- Facades of coloured blocks using item colour instead of block colour (ganymedes01)
- Fixes in robot pathfinding algorithm (hea3ven)
- Fluid pipes now connect to tankless FluidHandlers, fixes HQM Liquid QDS (asie)
- Hollow facades have broken textures on one side (ganymedes01)
- Miner robot’s harvest level being reset on world close/unload. (hea3ven)
- NPE in ColorUtils (asie)
- NPE in ResourceId (asie)
- Rare NPE in Assembly Tables (asie)
- Wooden pipes used 10 RF too many in rare edge cases (asie)
- Wooden power pipes could not have gates for checking energy in nearby machines (asie)
- New API: IRedstoneEngineReceiver – does what the name says it does.
- Massive buildcraft.api.transport/buildcraft.api.pipes rework – SHOULD be mostly backwards-compatible
- Unused functions removed from buildcraft.api.core.
- PipePluggable API refined enough to let people define custom PipePluggables.
EDIT: Released BuildCraft 6.2.6, which does an urgent update to the RF API (fixes newest CoFH mods, Ender IO?) and fixes a crash bug with fluids. Sorry!
BuildCraft 6.2.5 is out today, and with it come many small improvements and tweaks – just like you have come to expect from us! Download it from the usual download page.
PS. By the way, if you have been experiencing Filler/Zone Planner/Builder lag with WAILA – an update from ProfMobius is coming very, very soon to fix that…
- [#2288] Heavily optimized Zone Planners (both in CPU and network usage) (asie)
- [#2270] Blueprint Libraries now refresh on GUI open (asie)
- Pipes can now be colored with any tool implementing the Forge recolourBlock API, for example IC2 Painters or AE2 Color Applicators (asie)
- Pipes can now have their color bleached with a water bucket (asie)
- List buttons now have descriptive tooltips (asie)
- Huge improvements to Robot rendering, especially at night (ganymedes01)
- Translation updates: German (Vexatos), Slovak (leSamo)
- [#2298] Lists do not save settings (asie)
- [#2295] The Tank runs the onBlockActivated() also on the client side (asie)
- [#2289] Blueprints over ~32k do not work (asie)
- [#2243] Builder excavation broken (asie)
- [#2198] Robots can’t break very soft blocks – might fix Harvesters! (Hea3veN)
- Fluid blocks not autodetected correctly by Builder (asie)
- IFluidContainerItem logic broken (asie)
- Invalid coordinates for FakePlayers (asie)
- Mining Well, Quarry and Spring sounds not restored since 4.2.2 (asie)
- Minor blueprint bug (asie)
- Better color choice for Blueprint Library GUI (asie)
- Further preparations for BuildCraftCompat (asie)
- More detailed builder error messages (asie)
EDIT: Released BC 6.2.4 to fix quarries, which was a pretty severe regression from 6.2.2. Get it at the downloads page!
Today, a minor bugfix release to hopefully close off the 6.2.x Stable series so I can focus entirely on the new features and improvements. Grab it from the usual downloads page.
- [#2248] Relicense BuildCraft API under MIT (asie)
- [#1923] Quarry chunkloading can now be disabled (asie)
- Updated translations: Japanese (tokoku-11), Portuguese (al-myr), Slovak (leSamo), Taiwanese (unoya)
- [#2275] Crash with ChickenChunks (asie)
- [#2274] Builder requirements list only gets loaded when power is supplied (asie)
- [#2271] Combustion Engines cannot be fixed with wrench (asie)
- [#2197] Stripes pipes do not pick up water and lava (asie)
- Broken gate rendering for ItemStacks with color multipliers in slots (asie)
- Quarries drop a frame block when broken (asie)